Valerie Mitchell, MPPA
Chief Information Officer
(805) 385-1501 Extension 2100
"All Students Will Achieve High Academic Standards in a Nurturing, Creative and Technology Rich Learning Environment that Prepares Students for College and Career Opportunities"
The Information Technology Services department provides leadership, information, coordination, and support for the use of technology by teachers and students in all schools. The department’s focus is to ensure that technology is used consistently as a tool to aid in student learning.
The Information Technology Services Department:
- Identifies and prioritizes District and school educational technology needs
- Provides direction to principals and teachers in acquiring technology, training staff, and allocating resources
- Provides students and staff with the effective development, management and support of instructional technology tools and resources
- Coordinates District staff development in educational technology
- Facilitates communication with outside technology resources and the Ventura County Office of Education.
- Collaborates with all District Departments to provide an efficient and enhanced classroom environment for students and teachers
- Manages the distribution, collection, and program administration of the District 1:1 Device Program