The Attendance Office is responsible for the accurate recording of attendance. A student's attendance is an important component for successful achievement. Students learn through consistent attendance important life skills that carry through into adulthood.
To Report Absences call: (805) 385-1548 ext. 5403 Yesenia Cedillo firstname.lastname@example.org
WE HAVE THREE OPTIONS FOR REPORTING AN ALL DAY ABSENCE.
When a student is absent or late the parent/legal guardian must report it within 3 days:
- Call the Office At (805) 385-1548
- Fill out ABSENCE VERIFICATION form in person.
- UPON A STUDENT'S RETURN, SEND THEM BACK TO SCHOOL WITH A NOTE. The note must be written and signed by the parent/legal guardian stating the dates and reason for the absence and parent contact information.
- Excused: Illness, doctor appointment, death in immediate family, court appointments, and religious holidays.
- Unexcused: Vacations/travel, transportation problems, overslept, sporting events, etc. Following three unexcused absences, the state requires the school to consider those absences as truancies.
- Truancy: Student initiated absence carries consequences that may include some or all of the following: citation from law enforcement, parent/legal guardian conference, referral to the School Attendance Review Board (SARB), or a school transfer.
PICKING UP EARLY
- If a parent plans to pick up his/her child while school is in session, the parent should: arrive 5-10 minutes prior to the time they need their child. Office personnel will not call a student until the parent is present. Also, keep in mind if a student is coming from P.E. class, (s)he will need additional time to change clothes. The student will meet the parent in the Main office. All students MUST be signed out before leaving campus.