The Attendance Office is responsible for the accurate recording of attendance. A student's attendance is an important component for successful achievement. Students learn through consistent attendance important life skills that carry through into adulthood.
To Report Absences call: (805) 385-1578 Mariana Coronado email@example.com
WE HAVE TWO OPTIONS FOR REPORTING AN ALL DAY ABSENCE.
When a student is absent or late the parent/legal guardian must report it within 3 days:
- Call the Office At (805) 385-1578
- UPON A STUDENT'S RETURN, SEND THEM BACK TO SCHOOL WITH A NOTE. The note must be written and signed by the parent/legal guardian stating the dates and reason for the absence and parent contact information.
- Excused: Illness, doctor appointment, death in immediate family, court appointments, and religious holidays.
- Unexcused: Vacations/travel, transportation problems, overslept, sporting events, etc. Following three unexcused absences, the state requires the school to consider those absences as truancies.
- Truancy: Student initiated absence carries consequences that may include some or all of the following: citation from law enforcement, parent/legal guardian conference, referral to the School Attendance Review Board (SARB), or a school transfer.
PICKING UP EARLY
- If a parent plans to pick up his/her child while school is in session, the parent should: arrive 5-10 minutes prior to the time they need their child. Office personnel will not call a student until the parent is present.