Electronic Flyer Approval & Distribution
Effective February 1, 2018, Oxnard School District began using a new electronic flyer distribution program called Peachjar. We began distributing electronic flyers at our school sites and the district office. Flyers from community organizations will be distributed through email and posted on school websites. This is part of our ongoing efforts to be more environmentally-friendly by reducing the amount of paper copies.
Information for Parents
Important information from your child’s school can now be viewed right from your smartphone using the Oxnard School District mobile app! Go to Google Play or the Apple Store to download the OSD app. Flyers are also posted on each school’s website and can be accessed by clicking the Peachjar button on your school’s homepage. Additionally, if you’d like to begin receiving flyers delivered directly to your email account to stay up to date with your child’s school, please register by doing the following:
- Visit the Peachjar page at www.peachjar.com
- Click"My Account" in the top right corner
- Click "Register Now"
- Select account type “Parent/Family Provide”
- Enter requested information; choose your school and/or district you wish to follow
Information for External Community Organizations (ECOs) Requesting to Distribute Flyers to OSD schools
Our district partners with approved community partners by posting eflyers online and distributing them electronically through our service provider, Peachjar. As part of our efforts to be more environmentally friendly, embrace innovative technology, and maintain fiscal responsibility, we have transitioned from paper to electronic flyer delivery. To request flyer approval, follow the steps below. Once approved, your flyer will be emailed to all parents and posted online. Paper flyers from outside organizations will no longer be distributed.
- Visit www.peachjar.com
- Register as a Community Organization
- Upload your flyer for approval
When you upload your flyer to Peachjar, it will automatically submit your flyer to the district office for approval. Please allow up to 48 hours for the district office to approve or deny your flyer for distribution. Your flyer will be reviewed and either approved or denied based on the guidelines set forth by the district (see below). Peachjar may charge a fee to some ECOs that is typically much less than the cost to copy and deliver paper flyers to each school. For questions regarding the process and fees, please contact:
Customer Support, Peachjar
NOTE: If you are a parent group (i.e. PTA, etc.) at one of our OSD schools, these instructions do not apply.
FLYER APPROVAL GUIDELINES
We receive many requests and strive to ensure that requests are related to direct programs, activities or services for children. The Superintendent's Office or designee also may consider:
- the educational value of the materials or advertisements
- the age or maturity of students in the intended audience
- whether the materials or advertisements support the basic educational mission of the district, directly benefit the students, or are of intrinsic value to the students or their parents/guardians.
Flyers displaying alcohol or tobacco related images or verbiage will not be approved. Commercial offerings and fundraising events (non-profits included) must be directly related to direct programs, activities, and services for children.
The following disclaimer is required for ALL Flyers and will be automatically added at the time of submission: This service and/or program is not sponsored by the Oxnard School District. Approval to distribute this flyer is a community service and does not imply an endorsement by the Oxnard School District. Este servicio y/o programa no es patrocinado por el Distrito Escolar de Oxnard. La aprobación para distribuir este folleto es un servicio comunitario y no implica un aval de parte del Distrito Escolar de Oxnard.
All flyers must be submitted in English and Spanish.
NOTE: For any events displaying the location of the event at any OSD facility must have prior Facility Use Approval before submitting flyers through Peachjar for approval.
PAPER COPIES OF FLYERS
External Community Organizations can make available a reduced amount of paper flyers. However, the flyer will still need to be approved by the District Office first.
If you are not receiving emails from Peachjar, there are two possible reasons for this:
- Your current email address is incorrect and/or is not on file with your school. Please notify your school office
- The Peachjar emails are going into your spam folder or you can't see the images in the email. To prevent the digital flyers from going into your spam folder, add “email@example.com” to your email contacts. When you receive your first e-flyer, be sure to click “always display images.”
Peachjar is used exclusively for distribution of school-approved flyers. Your email address will not be shared or used for any other purpose.