SARB (School Attendance Review Board) procedures may be initiated for students who have:
- 3 unexcused absences, or
- 3 truant tardies (over 1/2 hr.), or
- over 10 tardies1
- Letter 1 - notification of truancy after three unexcused absences or three truant tardies. Conferenced scheduled.
- Letter 2 - notifiction of continued concern after six unexcused absences or truancies. Initiation of attendance contract.
- Letter 3 notification of truancy referral to SARB after nine unexcused absences or truancies.
* Excused Medical Notes - After 14 medical unexcused absences, a doctor's note will be required to verify absence as excused. Any medical absences
after 13 without a doctor's note will be unexcused.