- San Miguel Preschool
Posted by Mary Truax on 8/24/2022
Welcome San Miguel Monarchs
It is with great honor that I welcome you all to the 2022-2023 school year! I am looking forward to an amazing year with our students, families, and communities.
This is my sixth year serving our infant and preschool families as Manager of Special Education and San Miguel’s Principal. I started my career with the Oxnard School District (OSD) as a School Psychologist in 2001, before going into administration as Manager of Special Education for Kindergarten through eighth grade special education programs in 2011. Having this opportunity to now serve students by working side by side with families at the beginning of their educational journey, is a privilege and some of the most rewarding years of my career.
Our goal at San Miguel is to ensure that every student has a safe, nurturing, and positive environment where they can learn to their fullest potential. Our staff is committed to providing and delivering an instructional program that addresses developmental expectations of children from birth to four years of age. Instruction is based on, California State Preschool Foundational Skills, with an emphasis on communication, social emotional and motor development.
The first day of school is Tuesday, August 23rd, 2022.
Helpful Hints for the beginning of the year:
- Drop Off: Students being dropped off will be picked up by their teacher in the drop off area at the front entrance. Teachers will have signs with their names on them during the first week of school.
- Pick up: Students will be released to their families in the same area as drop off
- Transportation: If your child receives special education transportation and you have not yet received your route information, please contact San Miguel at 805-385-1578 or Transportation at 805-385-1519
- Our parking lot can be very busy during drop off and pick up times. If you are transporting your child, please do not park in the alley. If parking on campus is full, there is a green drop off zone in front of the school.
- For families coming in for speech or other related services only, please remember that an adult, 18 years or older, must remain on campus while your child is receiving services.
Your patience and kindness during the first few weeks of school are appreciated, as there may be some necessary changes to classes and bus schedules as we adjust to accommodate all students on our campus. Again, I look forward to building positive experiences for and relationships with our Monarch students and families as we all reconnect and engage in our San Miguel community. I can’t wait to see you all and welcome you back on campus!